JOCKEY CLUB REGULATIONS FOR EQUINE INFLUENZA VACCINATION.
The Jockey Club and other event organising authorities recognise the
great importance of protecting against Equine Influenza. Therefore
they have strict vaccination requirements which must be complied
with if you wish your horse to enter their competitions or onto their
premises. If you fail to comply with their regulations your horse will be
barred from entry onto the site.
- 1st Equine Influenza vaccination.
- 2nd vaccination after 21 to 92 days from 1st vac.
- 3rd vaccination after 150 to 215 days from 2nd vac.
- Thereafter annually, with the last permissible day being the
same date as the previous year's vaccination.
Horses may not race until the 8th day after the
day of vaccination.
It is the owner or trainer's legal responsibility to
ensure that the horse's
comply with the Jockey Club Regulations.
Societies which demand compliance with the Jockey Club Regulations
on vaccination against Equine Influenza include:
- Events which take place upon race courses or Jockey Club land.
- The British Horse Trials Association.
- British Endurance Riding Association.